Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kaleidoscope Quilt

My Kaleidoscope quilt, finished in time for fall!
This quilt was a part of the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along with Elizabeth at Don't Call Me Betsy.  I'm WAY late in finishing this, but happy to finally have it done!  And it is perfect for fall -- the colors remind me of the mix of leaf colors against a blue sky.

The fabrics are Anna Maria Horner's Loulouthi, mixed with Kona solids.

At 36 X 60, this is a bit of an odd sized quilt.
But it can either live on the back of our living room couch,
or hang on the wall near the bedrooms -- in either place, it will be a perfect fit!
Quilted in an all over meander, in cream.
I almost used green -- maybe next time!

Celebrate Color
Be sure to check out all of the beautiful, colorful fall entries at Stitched in Color!

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love the way you kind of reversed solids and prints. Very cool. I hear you on the colored quilting threads, i'm always too scared to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I adore how this turned out, Michelle!!!!! Wow! Jaw-dropping gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!!! This turned out SO SO SO cute!! Way to go! It really is jaw-dropping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really awesome, Michelle! I love your use of solid fabrics here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is adorable!! I love you quilting on it....did I miss something in the past couple of weeks; while I was away. No WIP Wed.?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why it reminds you of falling leaves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH.My.Goodness. LOVE your kaleidoscope! Congratulations! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Congratulations on the finish. It was destined for Celebrate Color =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful! Congrats on getting it finished!

    ReplyDelete